GNUTLS patches for mutt
Now incorporated upstream
As of version 1.5.9 the mutt/gnutls patch has been incorporated into
the main mutt releases. The information here is now essentially of historical
mutt/gnutls patches for mutt 1.5.x and gnutls 0.4.x/0.5.x
- patch-1.5.1.admcd.gnutls.55 - I haven't created this yet - the patch against 1.4.0 below should work OK
- patch-1.5.1.admcd.gnutlsdlopen.52 - This additional patch allows the gnutls support to be compiled as a shared
library module that can be loaded on demand. It allows the same mutt binary
to be used on systems with and without libgnutls installed.
mutt/gnutls patches for mutt 1.4 and gnutls 0.4.x/0.5.x
- patch-1.5.4.admcd.gnutls.56 - mutt 1.5.4 and gnutls 0.8.9 (changes in ciphersuite preferences, option to set minimum DH prime size, additional option for providing CA file, API update tidy-ups [REQUIRES UPDATE - see Debian patch below for the moment, but misses patches on makefile.am, configure.in, etc]
- patch-1.4.admcd.gnutlsdlopen.53 - (same as above patch against 1.5.1 but with removed fuzz and one hunk reject fixed)
mutt/gnutls patches for Debian mutt 1.4.x and libgnutls5
- 002_patch-1.5.4.admcd.gnutls.56 - requires
libgnutls7 package, same as above but removes patching of Makefile.am,
configure.in etc to avoid a build dependency on automake, etc
- 011_patch-1.4.admcd.gnutlsdlopen.53 - same as above, but removes patching of Makefile.am,
configure.in, etc to avoid a build dependency on automake, libtool, etc
- 012_patch-1.4.admcd.gnutlsbuild.53 - patch to Makefile.in to allow building of gnutls support without
requiring autotools. You need to specify
CFLAGS="-DUSE_GNUTLS -DUSE_DLOPEN -DPKGLIBDIR=\\\"/usr/lib/mutt\\\""
(with PKGLIBDIR set to the correct location for the module) to make.
further 1.5.x updates
Future things to do
- Add support for client-side certificates? (are there any Free IMAP servers that support this? The mutt OpenSSL support appears to include client-side certificate support now.)
- Add support for system CA certificates? (e.g. Debian's ca-certificates package) [Done]
Older patches can be found here.
Last modified: Sun Mar 20 11:16:31 GMT 2005